Cultural Tours offers a wide array of fabled destinations, custom designed itineraries, tailor made travel programs. All published Programs are locally hosted with professional English Speaking Guide for all transfers and sightseeing excursions. Guests are met at the Airport upon arrival by a professional English speaking guide, and are in the care of our carefully chosen correspondents throughout their stay.
Trip Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Day 1: Arrival at Paro Paro Elevation: 2,280m
During this flight, you will experience breathtaking views of Mount Everest, Kanchan Junga and other Himalayan Peaks including sacred Jhomolhari and Jichu Drakey in Bhutan. Upon arrival you will be welcomed and escorted to your lodge/hotel by your host/guide from Ratna Yoebar Tours. Your guide will take you for a stroll around the vibrant town of Paro in the evening. Followed by welcome dinner and overnight stay at Paro.
- Paro Dzong or the Rinpung Dzong – Fortress of the heap of Jewels
- Ta Dzong: It is the National Museum, a conical watch tower overlooking the Rinpung Dzong
- Kichu Lhakhang: One of the 108 temples built by the Tibetan king Songsten Gampo in the 7th century to subdue an ogress. There is another temple said to be built on the same day called Jampey Lhakhang in Bumthang.
Day 2: Paro to Thimphu Thimphu Elevation: 2,320m
Travel to Thimphu (58 km, 2:00hrs), Full day sightseeing in and around Thimphu Valley, The Capital City of Bhutan.
Attractions of the day:
- Visit Arts and crafts school
- Visit Traditional Medicine Institute where the ancient healing arts are still practiced.
- Buddha Point- 169 feet Buddha Dordenma statue.
- Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honor the memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan.
- Traditional Paper Making Factory using Daphne and Edgeworthia shrub.
- Visit Mini Zoo at Motithang which houses Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to Sangaygang view point – to glimpse a clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores.
In the evening, we shall travel to Paro. Dinner and overnight stay at Paro.
Day 3: Excursion to Taktshang Monastery, Paro
Day hike to Taktshang Monastery view point. The Taktshang or The Tiger’s Nest Monastery clings precariously to a cliff of 3,000 feet above the Paro Valley. The legend has it that Guru Rinpoche flew to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress, a manifestation of his consort Yeshe Tshogyal, to subdue a local demon. He then meditated in a cave for three months. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the view point opposite the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and a mystical experience. Farewell dinner and overnight stay at Paro.
Day 4: Departure
Depart from Paro International Airport to your homeland. Your Guide will escort you to bid you farewell and a safe journey back.
Note: The itineraries can be tailored to suit your interest and convenience.
Services Offered and Cost
Daily Tariff (High tourist season):
US $250 per person per day on twin sharing basis during the Month of March, April, May, September, October, November
Daily Tariff (low tourist season):
US $ 200 per person per day on twin sharing basis during the month of January, February, June, July, August, December
All the tours can be customized and clients can request extra services.
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLIMENT US $ 30 PER NIGHT PER PERSON.
FIT surcharges 1 pax US $ 40 per day per person.
FIT surcherges 2 pax US $ 30 per day per person.
1. All Permits
2. Museum Fees
3. All Sightseeing
4. Walks and Hikes
5. Bottled Mineral Water
6. English Speaking Guide
7. Double/Twin in 2/3 Star Accomodation
8. Receive and Transfer to Airport
9. 3 Meals every day with Evening Tea
10. Toyota SUV for FIT & Toyota Bus for Group with Driver
Cost Does Not Include:
2. Inbound Airfare
3. Gifts & Souvenirs
4. Alcohol & Beverages
5. Round Trip Air fare
6. Donations to Monasteries
7. International Telephone Calls
8. Tips for Guide, Driver & other Staff
TCB Licensed language Speaking Guides US $ 100 per day.
Tour price is based on High Season Tariff of US $ 250. For low season months it will be based on Low Season Tariff of US $ 200