Duer Hot Springs are one of the most beautiful natural hot springs in the Himalayas. It is one of the physically challenging treks, with long trekking days and steep routes. This trek includes an opportunity to enjoy Tsachu – Hot Spring Bath.
Trek Duration:18 Days / 17 Nights
- Maximum Elevation: 4,700m
- Best Season: March to April, September to November
- Standard: Medium to hard
- Start: Duer, Bumthang
- Finish: Jakar, Bumthang
Day 1: Arrival at Paro Paro Elevation: 2,280m
Upon arrival you will be welcomed and escorted to your lodge/hotel by your host/guide from Ratna Yoebar Tours. Your guide will take you for a stroll around the vibrant town of Paro in the evening. Welcome dinner and overnight stay at Paro.
Attractions of the day:
- Paro Dzong or the Rinpung Dzong – Fortress of the heap of Jewels.
- Ta Dzong: It is the National Museum, a conical watch tower overlooking the Rinpung Dzong
Day 2: Tango Hike, Thimphu Thimphu Elevation: 2,320m
Travel to Thimphu in the morning. Hike up to Tango Monastery, a monastic school and retreat built in the 15th century. It takes about an hour. The monastery is the residence of the Druk Desi Gyalse Tenzin Rabgye, a lama who is a reincarnation of the 16th century monk who founded Tango. Thimphu valley sightseeing in the afternoon.
Attractions of the day:
- The Memorial Stupa
- Painting School
- Changangkha Lhakhang
- Sangay Gang hilltop
- Mini Zoo at Motithang
- Weaving center
- Handicraft stores
Day 3: Thimphu, Punakha and Wangdue Wangdue Elevation: 1,240 m
We shall visit the Arts and Crafts School and Folk Heritage Museum in Thimphu, then head out of town for a spectacular 3-hour drive to Punakha, crossing the Dochu La (3,140 m). Dinner and overnight stay at Wangdue.
Attractions of the day:
- Punakha Dzong: The second of Bhutan’s Dzongs built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Rinpoche. The official name is Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang, which translates as “The Palace of Great Happiness”.
- Chimmi Lhakhang: A fertility temple dedicated to Lama Drukpa Kuenley, a Tibetan Buddhist saint and a folk hero popularly known as The Divine Madman.
Day 4: Wangdue to Trongsa Trongsa Elevation: 2,180 m
Drive to Trongsa Valley. Enroute visit Chendebje Chorten, Tongsa Dzong and Ta-Dzong. Overnight stay at Trongsa.
- Chendebje Chorten: The impressive stupa was built in the traditional Nepalese style and is situated on a river confluence.
- Trongsa Dzong: It is one of the finest spectacular examples of Bhutanese architecture. It is the ancestral home of Bhutan’s Royal Family.
- Ta Dzong: Built in 1652, today this watchtower serves as National Museum, monastic residence and a place of meditation.
Day 5: Trongsa to Bumthang Bumthang Elevation: 2,580 m.
Travel to Bumthang. Dinner and overnight stay at Duer, Bumthang.
Day 6: Duer to Gorsum
Distance: 18 km, Time; 6-7 hours, 380 m ascent, Camp altitude 3,120 m.
Day 7: Gorsum to Lungsum
Distance 12 km, Time; 5 hours, 40 m ascent, Camp altitude 3,160 m.
Day 8: Lungsum to Tsochenchen
Distance 15 km, Time; 6-7 hours, 620 m ascent, Camp altitude 3,780 m.
Day 9: Tsochenchen to Duer Tsachu
Distance 18 km, Time; 8-9 hours, 1,340 m ascent, 1,530 m descent, Camp altitude 3,590 m.
Day 10: Rest at Duer Tsachu.
Enjoy hot spring bath or hike the local Duer areas.
Day 11: Duer Tsachu to Tsochenchen
Distance 18 km, Time; 8-9 hours, 1,530 m ascent, 1,340 m descent, Camp altitude 3,780 m.
Day 12: Tsochenchen to Lungsum
Distance 15 km, Time; 5 hours, 620 m descent, Camp altitude 3,160 m. Start our return journey.
Day 13: Lungsum to Gorsum
Distance 12 km, Time; 4 hours, 40 m descent, Camp altitude 3,120 m.
Day 14: Gorsum to Duer Village
Distance 18 km, Time; 6 hours, 380 m descent.
Day 15: Travel to Wangdue
Early morning drive to Wangdue Phodrang via Phobjikha Valley and overnight at Wangdue.
- Phobjikha: Also referred to as Gangtey after the Temple that sits on a ridge above the valley. Because of the large flocks of Blacked-Necked Cranes that winters here, it is one of the most important wildlife preserves in the country.
Day 16: Travel to Paro
Today is a rest day; you can go for walks in and around Paro valley.
Day 17: Excursion to Taktshang
We hike up through pine forests to the striking monastic retreat of Taktshang. The Taktshang or The Tiger’s Nest Monastery clings precariously to a cliff of 3,000 feet above the Paro Valley. The legend has it that Guru Rinpoche flew to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress, a manifestation of his consort Yeshe Tshogyal, to subdue a local demon. He then meditated in a cave for three months. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the view point opposite the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and a mystical experience.
Total Hiking Time: About 4 Hours Day 18: Departure
Depart from Paro International Airport to your homeland. Your Guide will escort you to bid you farewell and a safe journey.
Note: The itineraries can be tailored to suit your interest and convenience.
Daily Tariff (High tourist season):
US $250 per person per day on twin sharing basis during the Month of March, April, May, September, October, November
Daily Tariff (low tourist season):
US $ 200 per person per day on twin sharing basis during the month of January, February, June, July, August, December
All the tours can be customized and clients can request extra services.
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLIMENT US $ 30 PER NIGHT PER PERSON.
FIT surcharges 1 pax US $ 40 per day per person.
FIT surcherges 2 pax US $ 30 per day per person.
1. All Permits
2. Museum Fees
3. All Sightseeing
4. Walks and Hikes
5. Bottled Mineral Water
6. English Speaking Guide
7. Double/Twin in 2/3 Star Accomodation
8. Receive and Transfer to Airport
9. 3 Meals every day with Evening Tea
10. Toyota SUV for FIT & Toyota Bus for Group with Driver
Cost Does Not Include:
2. Inbound Airfare
3. Gifts & Souvenirs
4. Alcohol & Beverages
5. Round Trip Air fare
6. Donations to Monasteries
7. International Telephone Calls
8. Tips for Guide, Driver & other Staff
TCB Licensed language Speaking Guides US $ 100 per day.
Tour price is based on High Season Tariff of US $ 250. For low season months it will be based on Low Season Tariff of US $ 200